Thursday, February 10, 2011

Competition Conundrum and the Common Cold

I hate winter. There is nary a thing about it I can say I really enjoy. I don't like the cold, the snow, the snow shoveling, my car battery dying at 6am in the morning, ice skating, skiing, -20 below windchills, ________, freezing rain, snow covered roads, and most importantly being around other people who've been stuck inside all day long. Hell is indeed other people; as is their incessant sniffling, wheezing, coughing, and germs... And as such, I came down with a nasty cold the other day. Now as someone who only gets a cold about once a year, I do not react terribly well when I get one and usually pay the price for it. With that in mind, tomorrow morning I am supposed to drive two hours out of my way to drop off a number of beer enteries for a semi-local homebrew competition.

Now the dilemma: Having spent the last three months preparing for this competition - tinkering with recipes, brewing test batches, and hundreds of hours spent researching and perfecting - do I now abandon the competition altogether in favor of staying in bed? How important are homebrew competitions anyways? Are they worth a two hour drive in the snow and cold, while sick as a dog, for a chance at a few more medals? I don't really know. We will see tomorrow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. No spam please.