Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kegged: American Amber

Not much to say other than I kegged a new batch of American Amber today... and it's freaking delicious! Huge citrus hop aroma and flavor with a really nice clean caramel malt profile and firm bitterness; the balance is definitely towards the hops but the malt flavor is pretty robust. I did a staggered dry hop with three ounces of amarillo and centennial over two weeks and the result is pretty fantastic - it smells like a really good IIPA. I  hope this only gets better in the keg; I don't drink much hoppy American styles, but this is one I'm pretty excited about. Also, I used Wyeast Denny's Favorite 50 for the first time with this batch and I'm very happy how it performed. Fermented fast, cleanly, and got good attenuation. The beer is a bit hazy out of the fermenter but should clear up pretty well in the keg.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. No spam please.